This is a great Jus Sauce that you can eat your Pheasant meat with! Very flavorful and delicious.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 6 oz MacFarlane Pheasant Pieces
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Large Onion Diced
- 1 Large Carrot Diced
- 1 Large Celery Stalk Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Cup White Whine
- 1 Bay Leaf Fresh
- 2 Sprigs Thyme Fresh
- 2 qt Pheasant Stock
- In a stock pot, warm the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to smoke, add the meat trim and allow to caramelize.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and continue to cook until they are tender and lightly caramelized.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add bay leaf, thyme and the pheasant stock, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain, reserve until serving.
By: Mark Purdy
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.