When you offer quality ingredients like MacFarlane Pheasants, your customers appreciate knowing the story behind the food they’re eating. Consumers today are interested in where their food comes from, who produced it and what its nutritional benefits are. When it comes to pheasant, the folks at MacFarlane Pheasants have quite a compelling story to tell. The facts are that they offer quality pheasant products, with complete pasture-to-plate oversight. You can share the following Pheasant “Phacts” with your food service customers:
• When compared with chicken, domestic turkey or beef, pheasant is lower in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
• MacFarlane Pheasants are raised on a farm that has been family-owned and operated since 1929. The pheasants are humanely handled, with spacious free-roaming barns.
• MacFarlane Pheasants are “All Natural” third-party certified. They’re fed natural grains, with no antibiotics, hormones or animal by-products.
On its website, www.pheasantfordinner.com, MacFarlane Pheasants also provides Pheasant “Phacts” for food service professionals. Included are cooking instructions, nutrition information, and recipes. Here are a few quick tips.
• MacFarlane Pheasants are versatile—they can be roasted, sautéed, braised or barbecued.
• Pheasant is low in fat, so it is best when slow-cooked at a low temperature (250°F to 325°F).
• Simple marinades and brines help maintain the moisture and add flavor to your pheasant recipes.
• For a creative new twist on your popular menu items, replace the pork, turkey or chicken in your recipes with pheasant. Or, go global with pheasant kabobs, grilled pheasant with morel polenta and roasted tomato coulis, Asian pheasant salad, and pheasant fajitas.
• MacFarlane’s Pheasant line offers the combination of quality and convenience for foodservice operators. Products include whole pheasant, boneless pheasant breast, pheasant breast split with wing-bone drumsticks, breast meat strips, and fully cooked pheasant breast that is ideal for catering needs.
With its own cutting and packaging facility, MacFarlane is able to offer a high-quality gourmet product. The range of whole bird, breast meat, smoked pheasant and other pheasant products meet your menu needs. Visit the website at www.pheasantfordinner.com for more facts, product information and menu ideas from MacFarlane Pheasants.
As the largest pheasant farm in North America, MacFarlane Pheasants of Janesville, Wis., knows pheasants. Thanks to two generations of expertise at honing the raising of pheasant —and having complete control of the process from pasture to plate—MacFarlane Pheasants offer unmatched quality. This protein- rich power food is packed with superior nutrition, and is conveniently available year round. MacFarlane Pheasants brings elegant cuisine to your menu, with the exquisite flavor nature intended.