Last week we introduced pheasant poppers and promised Heidi Green’s white chili pheasant recipe to complete the meal. You won’t be disappointed when you MacFarlane’s pheasant breast to make this flavorful chili! Add poppers and bread to complete this wonderful end-of-winter delight!
- 4 cups minced MacFarlane pheasant meat
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 ½ tbs. butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 (15-ounce) cans great northern beans in light chili sauce
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1 (11-ounce) can of drained white corn
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chili peppers
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tbs. hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- Mince raw pheasant and sauté with bacon.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter, onion, and celery and cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add the pheasant and bacon, beans, chicken broth, corn, and green chilies. Add the broth slowly to get the consistency you like.
- Season with cumin and hot pepper sauce (adjust amounts to taste).
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish chili with shredded cheese and chopped parsley.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook at Pheasant For Dinner and tell us about your experiences with either the pheasant popper’s recipe or our white chili pheasant recipe. Enjoy!