A really great soup with a kick! If you like a little spice you will want to try this recipe out.
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 3/4 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds Finely ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Jalapenos From a jar
- 2 Carrots Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Peas Frozen
- 1 Cup MacFarlane Pheasant Breast Cubed
- 2 Cup Pheasant Broth Or chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- Sprigs Fresh Parsley
- Crusty Bread
- Melt the butter in Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and ginger root, sauté until tender.
- Lower the heat and add the almonds, salt, pepper, jalapeño, carrots, peas and pheasant.
- Fry for about 10 minutes until the pheasant is cooked, stirring constantly.
- Removefrom heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to food processer or blender and process for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the broth through the feed tube and blend 30 seconds longer.
- Pour soup back in to Dutchoven and bring to a rolling boil.
- Off the heat, add the cream.
- Over low heat, warm soup again,stirring occasionally and serve with crusty bread and garnish with sprigs of parsley.
The Wellbeing Kitchen, By Lisa Erickson
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.