A refreshing and absolutely delectable salad. There is no doubt that you will love this raspberry and pheasant salad!
- Olive Oil
- 4-6 MacFarlane pheasant breasts
- Garden Lettuce trimmed and cleaned
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Season pheasant with salt and pepper.
- Place pheasant in hot oil, cover, and cook until cooked through, turning once midway in cooking (about 6-8 minutes total).
- Uncover and pour sherry over pheasant in hot pan; most of it should bubble away, leaving a bit of sauce.
- Remove from heat, slice pheasant and set aside.
- Assemble salads of lettuce, pheasant and raspberries, drizzled with vinaigrette.
- Add everything to a small jar, tighten the lid, and shake until mixed thoroughly.
Optional add-ins for the Vinaigrette:
- Fresh black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A small spoonful of mayo, sour cream, Greek yogurt, or cream
- A small pinch of sugar
- Chopped herbs (fresh or dried)
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.