This salad brings a lot of great flavors together that make it a perfect meal.
- 1 Whole MacFarlane Pheasants
- 1 Qt Pheasant Broth Turkey and chicken broth will work too
- 1 Medium Fennel Bulb Chopped
- 2 tsp Fennel Pollen
- 1-2 Tbsp Green Fennel Seeds Optional
- 1 Tbsp Mint Leaves Chopped
- 1 Small Red Hot Chile Minced
- 1 Lemon Zested and juiced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a lidded pot.
- Turn the heat off and drop the pheasant breasts in.
- Make sure they are submerged.
- Cover the pot.
- Meanwhile, chop the fennel bulb into pieces you would want to eat, roughly the size of a thumbnail.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and set aside.
- The pheasant breasts should be fully cooked in 20 minutes*
- When the pheasant is cool enough to handle, shred it into pieces with your hands.
- Mix everything together and let this sit, covered, at room temperature for an hour or so before eating.
You can also store it overnight in the fridge. *Save the broth for soup or something else. It will keep in the fridge for a week or so
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.