Share a shot of Whisky with your pheasant. You won't regret it!
- 1 MacFarlane Pheasant 2-3 lbs
- 1 Tbsp Dark Mustard Like grey poupon
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Scotch or Whisky Wine will work if you don't have either of those as well
- 1/4 Cup Pheasant Broth Chicken broth will work as well
- Remove the breast portions from the fresh or thawed bird.
- Then cut off the leg quarters, removing the skin.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium sauté pan and heat on medium high heat.
- Coat the pheasant pieces with the mustard and place in preheated pan to brown.
- Turn over as browning occurs.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, cover and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 7-8 minutes, uncover and remove breast portions to a covered plate to keep warm.
- Keep the leg quarters in the broth and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes until the broth is reduced to a nice sauce consistency.
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts or asparagus.
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.