You can prepare pheasant in the oven, on the grill and in the crock pot! Sometimes when you are preparing for a summer picnic at home you need to prepare a variety of dishes. You can save yourself some time for other taste delights and still serve MacFarlane Pheasants! Just try this simple crock pot recipe for six. I recently served this dish with brown rice, a cucumber and tomato salad and fresh bread. It was scrumptious! Every dish tastes better with pheasant!
- 2 whole pheasants cut into quarters or 6 pheasant breasts
- 8 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté pheasant quarters or breasts in hot olive oil, with salt and pepper, until lightly browned
- Remove from heat and place in crockpot with crushed garlic
- Cover with wine and chicken broth
- Leave in crock pot for approximately 5 hours on low until internal temperature of pheasant quarters or breasts reaches 180 degrees
- Remove pheasant from broth and let rest a few minutes before serving
You can purchase your pheasant at our on-line store or at our retail store at 2821 S. US HWY 51, Janesville, WI. If you have left over pheasant you can use it for a delicious salad found in our on-line cookbook or buy extra and make your salad while waiting for your crock pot pheasant to cook, Enjoy crock pot pheasant or any of our pheasant recipes at your next picnic. You won't be disappointed!