A great way to prepare your MacFarlane Pheasant Farm pheasant breasts. We are sure that you will love the flavor of this Stuffed Pheasant Breast Recipe!
- 4 MacFarlane Pheasant Breasts
- 4 Dried Apple Rings Diced small
- 2 Dried Figs Diced Small
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios Chopped (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Dash Black Pepper
- Remove the tenderloin from the breasts, place in a food processor with the egg making apheasant mousse.
- Next, fold the apples, figs, and pistachios into the mousse and season with saltand pepper.
- Place this mixture into a piping bag.
- Next pound the breasts with a meat mallet to a uniform thickness.
- Take the piping bag with the pheasant mousse, and pipe a log of the mixture into the center of the uniformly pounded breast.
- Place this onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll the breast, twisting the ends of the plastic wrap to make a tight seal, and to help for the breast into a tube shape.
- Repeat the step again to make sure there is a tight seal.
- Then a third time the opposite way, to keep the twists in place.
- Once the breasts are wrapped in plastic, poach them in a 165 degrees F water bath for two hours or until the internal temperature of 155 degrees F is achieved.
- Once they are cooked, chill them in an ice bath.
- After they are chilled, remove them from the plastic, slice and serve.
- Plate and serve on mashed potatoes with grilled green beans and bordelaise sauce.
You can substitute smoked pheasant for regular pheasant. If this is done then switch over to traditional Gouda cheese.
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.