- 4 MacFarlane pheasant breasts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 small shallot
- 4 tablespoons duck fat
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Scottish oatmeal cooked and cooled
- 2 ounces chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 ounce Foie gras
- 1 large russet potato baked and smashed
Set oven at 375 degrees F. Warm large sauté pan with medium heat with duck fat, garlic, thyme and shallot. Season pheasant breasts and place skin side down. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Mix oatcake ingredients and form into cakes about 3 inches around 1 1/2 inch thick. Roll cakes in dry Scottish oatmeal. When pheasant breasts are done set them aside to rest. Use the duck fat from the pan to sear the oatcakes until golden brown. Serve with reduction and seasonal vegetables.
- 2 cups glace de canard
- 2 ounces pomegranate concentrate
- 1 ounces pomegranate syrup
Bring the ingredients to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and let simmer until the liquid has reduced to half of the original volume.
By: John Walt