An absolutely amazing and delicious pie that you must try!
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Strips Bacon Cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Boneless MacFarlane Pheasant Breasts Cubed and tenderized
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 White Onion Diced
- 2 Large Carrots Grated
- 2 Large Celery Stalks Thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, boil sweet potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and return into warm pan.
- At the same time, in a large dutch oven over high heat, fry the bacon pieces, remove the bacon and set aside.
- Place pheasant cubes into the pot and brown, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in onion, carrots, & celery.
- While the vegetables are cooking, melt the butter and whisk in the flour & broth, boil to thicken and add broth mix into pheasant and vegetables.
- Add green peas and bacon bits, careful not to mash the peas while mixing.
- Cover the pheasant mix with mashed sweet potatoes, and cover the sweet potatoes with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
By: Joe Tegethoff
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.