- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt – to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 MacFarlane pheasant half birds
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 large shallots finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (button or baby bellas)
- 1/2 cup chopped olives with pimentos
Melt butter in sauté pan, mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika and dredge pheasant halves in flour. Place halves into melted butter and brown pheasant on both sides, remove to casserole pan and lay flat. Use wine to deglaze pan then add garlic, shallots and celery, sauté for 2-3 min. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour sauce over pheasant halves, cover and bake in oven at 325 degrees F for 1.5-2 hours until tender.
Serve with steamed brussel sprouts and wild rice blend.