Looking for something a little different for breakfast? Try this Pheasant Breakfast Sausage instead of your usual breakfast sausage!
- 4 MacFarlane Pheasant Breasts MacFarlane Pheasant Legs from a whole pheasant will work as well, approximately 1 lb
- 1/3 lb Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Dry Rubbed Sage
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Lightly Crushed Fennel or Caraway Seeds
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse 10-15 times until combined, or chop with a sharp knife.
- Shape into patties and fry over medium high heat until cooked thoroughly.
- If you have the time, let the meat rest in the fridge up to 24 hours to intensify the flavor prior to cooking.
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.