If you love a jalapenos this recipe is a great one to get all of that delicious jalapeno flavor.
- 1-1.5 lbs MacFarlane Pheasant Breasts Cut into strips
- 1 4 oz Jar Jalapeno Peppers Reserve the juice
- 12 Slices Bacon Cut into thirds
- 6 Bamboo Skewers Soaked in water
- Cut the pheasant breast into 36 pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the juice from the jalapeno peppers over the pheasant and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain and discard the marinade from the pheasant.
- Place a slice of jalapeno pepper onto each piece of pheasant breast, and wrap with a bacon strip and slide onto skewer.
- Place 4 to 6 rolled wraps on each skewer.
- Place kabobs on the grill, turning frequently for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and grilled.
- Remove skewers from grill. Plate pheasant and serve immediately.
Using an oven:Turn on the broiler and place skewers on the baking pan. Keep the pan 6 inches away from the heat source to avoid cooking too quickly. Broil each side for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Turn and broil for an additional 10 minutes. Remove skewers from oven, plate, and serve immediately.
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.