A fruity and delicious way to prepare your MacFarlane Pheasant!
- Canola Oil As needed
- 2 Small Onions Quartered
- 3 Stalks Celery Sliced 1 inch wide
- 1 MacFarlane Pheasant 2.5 - 3 lbs, Cut into serving pieces
- 2 Tart Apples Honey Crisp or Granny Smith
- 1/2 Cup Pheasant Stock Or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Hazelnuts Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet, add oil and fry the onionsand celery in a pan to brown lightly, spread evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- In the same pan, fry the pheasant, turning occasionally until skin is golden & crispy.
- Place the pheasant on top of the onion and celery mixture and tuck the apple slices in and around pheasant.
- Mix the stock, honey and Worcestershire sauce and spoon over pheasant pieces.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper, cover and bake for 90 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
MacFarlane Pheasants bring gourmet flavor, convenience and flair to the menu. From appetizers to pheasant entrees, this traditional gourmet ingredient adds natural flavor to make simply sensational salads, appetizers and savory pheasant stir-fry dishes. We offer a wide selection of pheasant recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees.