Prep Time: 20 minutes
CookTime: 20 minutes
1 pound ground pheasant
1-8oz package of cream cheese
1 cup salsa
16 oz can of black beans
10-14 fajita size flour tortilla shells
16 oz can red enchilada sauce
1 ½ to 2 cups shredded cheese
Brown the ground pheasant and in a separate pan melt the cream cheese and salsa together. Add the black beans and ground pheasant once the creams cheese and salsa mixture is melted and creamy. Mix all ingredients well and spoon into tortilla shells and place into a 9x13 baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Cook at 350° for 20 minutes (cover for gooey enchiladas or leave uncovered for a crisper top.)
Yield: 7 servings
This recipe comes from our Pheasant Cookbook which can be downloaded from pheasantfordinner.com. Ground Pheasant and many other pheasant products are available either on-line or from our store at 2821 South HWY 51, Janesville, WI. MacFarlane pheasants can also be found coast to coast at grocery stores and restaurants.
What makes our ground pheasant so perfect for enchiladas, pheasant patties, chili or a gourmet casserole?
• Ground pheasant, like all our pheasant products, has such a distinctive, hearty,and natural flavor that when used in any ground meat recipe, it will taste like a dish from a 5-star restaurant!
• Ground pheasant is lower in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol than beef, chicken or domestic turkey.
• Pheasants are grown on our farm and processed at our processing plant so you can be assured our meat is fresh.
• There are no hormones or animal by-products added to our pheasant meat.
• MacFarlane pheasant meat standards are exceptional and we are USDA certified.
Enjoy our enchilada recipe and be sure to navigate our blog for even more ideas for cooking with nutritious, delicious pheasant!